Friday, July 15, 2011

Intro

This is our Panzer. She had a rough start to life as the people who had her mom dumped Panzer and her siblings on the side of the road and left for dead. Someone spotted the pups, and reported them to the Open Arms Rescue of WNY. They saved the babies and got them all checked out and thankfully they were all ok. Her and her siblings were kept in confinement for a little while while the rescue made sure there was no issues and found them homes. We were happy to be the one that was chosen to be able to adopt her :)  Come to find out one of her siblings was actually adopted not far from us..
Unfortunately with being dumped and not knowing who the parents were there is only a guess as to what breed she is. The rescue told us perhaps German Shepherd and lab, which in her we can see the gsd but not lab too much, but in at least one of her siblings looked like a lab. My husband and I believe that perhaps she might be part pit or boxer, but its all speculation. We have a pretty good idea that she will be a pretty big girl just by the size of her paws.
we believe her to be just shy of 12 weeks at the point. We have had her for about 3 weeks now and she is growing fast. She has been doing well as far as potty training, only a few accidents thankfully in the 3 weeks we've had her.
She sleeps well through the night which we are all grateful for. We do have to laugh every night at her though. She knows when it is bedtime. We take her out for her last potty and comes in and runs up the stairs. She sleeps in the bedroom with my husband and I in her crate. Once in her crate, in her bed, that's when then fun starts, she goes CRAzy! Jumping around, digging in her bed, chewing and growling at her toys. Every now and again barking at them. She also attempts to chew her way out of her crate either by biting the bars or attempting to bite thru the lettering on the crate bottom.. smh..
We are beginning to believe that this dog ain't right.. in the head that is..

1 comment:

  1. OMGoodness...TOO DANG CUTE!!! Off to a good start. I would love to help you is exposing your blog. Please let me know if you have any questions. Please visit and follow me at quirksbyannie.blogspot.com (I have an awesome Giveaway going right now.) I don't have a ton of followers yet, but just added 25+ this past week. I love to help people gain exposure, it is the mother of 7 in me, I suppose. You can also contact me at quirksbyannie.qmail.com. ♥

    ReplyDelete